The High Court has powers to make certain orders regarding children where they have been removed, are in serious danger or at risk. The court will make the child a ward.

This means that the High Court will have responsibility for that child and no orders can be made or action taken which affects the child, unless permission is obtained from the High Court first.

As the Childrens Act allows courts including the High Court to make orders relating to children, Wardship proceedings are only used in very rare circumstances.

Your solicitor will be able to tell you whether Wardship proceedings are best for you.